In questa sezione troverete le risposte alle domande più frequenti, raggruppate per tipologia, che abbiamo raccolto per farvi risparmiare tempo.
• Can I make reservations only through the on-line system?
• I have not received the email confirmation. Who should I contact?
• Can I enter the bonus club card number during the online booking process?
No, the club bonus club card number can be inserted only by our booking center operators.
• Where can I find the general sales conditions?
The general sales conditions changes from year to year and can be found at the following link.
• Can I book a special needs cabin for disabled people?
Minoan Lines offers cabins with facilities for people with reduced mobility both on the international lines and in the domestic ones.
• How can I book a cabin for disabled people?
• Can I bring my dog or cat on board?
Minoan Lines accepts pets on board in the special "pet friendly" cabins or in the kennel area.
• How can I book my dog or my cat?
If you want to bring your pet in the cabin, during the process of reservation you will need to choose the special "inside cabin pet" whom supplement will be calculated automatically. If you want your pet to travel in the kennel, there is no extra charge, but it is not possible to book the kennel in advance, so proceed with a normal booking.
• Can I bring my bicycle, and how much does it cost?
Traveling with your bike onboard of Minoan Lines ferries is free. The bicycle must be left in the garage area by following the instructions of the crew.
• How can I reserve the bicycle?
It is not necessary to book the bicycle, and you don't need to report it while booking.
• My car is higher than 2 meters, what should I do?
You have to book it by choosing the minibus / camper category with length up to 6 meters and height more than 2 meters.
• Can I travel with a LPG or CNG car?
Minoan Lines ships are certified to carry natural gas-powered cars and LPG powered cars on the basis of international safety on navigation regulations. Before boarding, the gas supply valve must be closed, and the car must be boarded with standard gasoline power. While boarding drivers will have to report to the crew that their car is powered by natural gas / LPG.
• I can not properly display the booking confirmation in pdf file format, why?
To view the pdf confirmations, you need to have an updated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6 or higher, or any other pdf reading software.
Amendment and cancellation
• After purchasing the ticket I changed my car. What should I do?
You must immediately report the new plate number to Minoan Lines central office, or to your travel agency who made the booking in order to modify the booking the correct data. The change may be subject to amendment fees.
• Can I change the port of embarkation / disembarkation?
The change of departure / arrival port must be reported Minoan Lines central office or to your agency, before the departure date. The change may be subject to amendment fees.
• If I modify a booking I made on-line, shall I receive a new document?
Yes, our central office will send you a new booking confirmation that will report the new price and the eventual amendment fees.
• Who should I contact to change a reservation that I made through a travel agency?
You must contact the same travel agency where you reserved.
• I need to change or cancel a reservation made online through the site www.minoan.it, who should I contact?
Payment and refunds
• What is the CVV code?
The CVV is a three-digit security code that you can find on the back of your credit card. It is necessary to complete the process of payment, and it must be inserted in the proper field.
• When I pay by credit card, a screen asks me for a password preventing me to go on, what shoudl I do?
The aforementioned password is requested directly from your bank or from the circuit of your credit card, so you must contact the relevant financial institution.
• I have a prepaid credit card, can I book on www.minoan.it site?
Both the on-line booking system and the central reservation office will accept most of the prepaid credit cards.
• I do not have a credit card, can I book online?
The on-line booking system provides payment only by credit card. If you want to pay by bank transfer, you have to contact our reservation center. The bank transfer is accepted only if there are enough days for collecting it.
Before the departure
• Do I need an ID card to travel with Minoan Lines?
Yes, you need a valid ID for travelling abroad. For any information contact your local registry office or the police headquarters of Competence. The document must be shown at the check-in desk, and can also be asked during boarding process by the crew or by the police.
• The company accepts on board pregnant women?
Pregnant women may travel with Minoan Lines up to their eighth month of pregnancy. In any case a relevant medical certificate is required from their doctor attesting the ability to travel in that specific trip.
• Minors may travel unaccompanied?
• How can I reconfirm the departure time of the ship?
Any important timetable change will be notified to our passengers. However, in order to double check the exact departure time of your ship from Italy to Greece, you can call the central office the day of departure, or the day before by telephoning to the number 0039 071 201708.
Check-in / Boarding
• Do I need to check-in or I can go directly on board with my booking confirmation?
In all ports of embarkation you are required to check-in before boarding.
• What happens if the day of departure I present myself without any ID?
If you are not in possession of an identity document or passport, check-in and boarding will be rejected with no right to any refund.
• How long before departure should I be at the check-in?
It is required to check-in at least 2 hours before the departure time. However, especially in the high season it is recommended to show up with large advance.
• Where should I apply for check-in?
To Minoan Lines port offices inside the relevant port passenger terminals.
• How much luggage can I take on board?
There is not a transportable storage limit, however it is recommended to leave your luggage inside your car and bring onboard only the bare essentials for the trip. During the navigation it is not allowed to access the garage.
During the trip
• Can I access to the garage during the navigation?
It is not allowed accessing the garage during for any reason, therefore, before the departure of the ship it is important to make sure you've got everything you need from your vehicle.
• Can I pay by credit card onboard?
At the stores, the "self-service" and the restaurant "a la carte" are accepted all major credit cards
• I lost a personal item inside the ship, who should I contact?
• Is there a smoking area on board?
Yes, there's available a specific room.
• How long does it take to reach Greece by Minoan Lines ferry?
It depends on the port of departure and the destination. For example, with the current travel time, the duration of the journey by ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa is about 16 hours, from Ancona to Patras about 22 hours, from Trieste to Igoumenitsa the duration of the journey by is 29 hours and from Trieste to Patras 34 hours.