According to the S.O.L.A.S. Convention, the P.D. 23/99 of the Greek state, the Council Directive 98/41/EC and the Port Authorities’ regulations and instructions, it is now mandatory, for reasons of safety, to state the following information when making your reservation: Surname, Name, Sex, Age category (Adult, Child, Infant), Type of vehicle and Plate number (if applicable). Nationality, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, ID/passport number, telephone number and e-mail address also need to be provided.
Passengers requiring special care must notify their travel agent or the Company’s main reservation offices.
Passengers’ contact information: We advise passengers, upon purchasing their tickets, to provide the issuing agency with their telephone number, (preferably their mobile phone number) so that they are informed in case of delay, cancellation or suspension of the itineraries. In case that passengers do not wish to provide any contact information, the Company does not assume any liability since the passengers will not be informed in case of delay, cancellation or suspension of the itineraries.
- Reservations and bookings can be made through all Central agencies, cooperating travel agencies, the Central reservation offices, the Port offices of the Company as well as the official Minoan Lines website at www.minoan.gr.
- The ticket is issued in the passenger’s name and is strictly personal. It is not transferable and is valid only for the specific accommodation and the route it has been issued for. Any change must be reported to the issuing Agent, the Central reservation offices or the Port offices.
- Passengers with “open date” tickets should confirm their new reservations well in advance especially during high season. Such tickets are valid for one year after the scheduled departure date, if it is written on the tickets. If no scheduled departure date is mentioned, then they are valid for one year after the issuing date. Any difference in price is paid by the passenger and the ticket should be validated by the issuing agency, the Central reservation office or the Port office.
Cancellations / Refunds Domestic Lines
- From the date of the ticket issue and up to 14 days before the scheduled departure, the fare of the ticket is fully refundable.
- From 13 days up to 7 days before the scheduled departure: 75% refund.
- From 6 days up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure: 50% refund.
- In less than 12 hours of the scheduled departure: the fare is not refunded.
- In the event of ticket loss, passengers must notify either the issuing Travel Agency or the Company.
Fares / Discounts
- The tariffs include sea passage and port taxes (domestic & international routes) in selected accommodation arrangements. Meals and beverages are not included.
- The 30% return trip discount is offered exclusively for the return fare of international routes when a round trip fare is booked; it is valid for any port of return. All other discounts are not cumulative and only one of them is granted at a time, when applicable conditions are met.
- Passengers entitled to discounted fares are kindly requested to state it at the time of booking. Once the ticket has been issued, no refunds are allowed for price differences.
- Groups, trucks, buses and unescorted vehicles are subject to special agreements.
- Cabins are characterized as a single bed or 2/3/4/5-berth depending on the number of passengers occupying them, not on the number of beds.
- Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge and are not entitled to a berth or a seat. However, a free ticket must be issued for embarkation.
- 50% discount is granted to children 4 - 16 years old for all accommodation categories. Children must always be accompanied by an adult.
- The identity of minors is verified by showing their identity card or passport.
- For minors under the age of 12 travelling in the domestic line, any other official document and/or relevant identification certificate issued by the Citizens’ Service Centers (KEP) or the Police is accepted.
- The Company does not permit unaccompanied minors who are not 15 or older to travel on their own. They have to be accompanied by an adult.
- Parents or legal guardians of minors bear full responsibility for the acquisition and possession – before minors’ embarkation - of the appropriate, lawful and valid travel documents and all accompanying documents that may be required at the port of destination. Under no circumstances shall the company be liable if the authorities at the port of destination consider the said documents not sufficient.
- Passengers must ensure they have all valid documents (ID, passport, declaration or any other required documents) complying with the entry requirements of the country they visit.
- Passengers’ entry to the country of destination may be not permitted in case they do not have the required travel documents.
- The Company shall not be held responsible in case a passenger is denied disembarkation by local authorities due to lack of the necessary documents for entry to the country of destination.
According to the Directive 98/41/EC and article 5 of Presidential Decree 23/1999 (Government Gazette A'17), passengers' data will be confirmed during the process of embarkation (check-in) on board. All passengers while boarding the ship, along with their ticket should present their Identity Card, or other official proof of certification element of their identity. In case of denied boarding by the authorized officers of the vessel, consequence of the above, will result the in the loss of the passenger fare.
Passengers and vehicles must report at the port offices for check-in:
- At least one hour (1) before departure for passengers of domestic routes and two (2) hours for passengers of international routes. Otherwise the Company reserves the right to grant the reserved accomodation without any refund to the passenger.
- For vehicles, boarding time and priority list is subject to the local port authority regulations at the port of departure. Vehicle operators are responsible for their vehicle’s embarkation according to the ship’s crew instructions.
- Vehicle passengers should exit the vehicle before embarkation.
- Vehicle category and plate number is displayed on the ticket upon passenger’s declaration.
Safety On Board
- Neither the carrier nor the ship are liable for any accident, loss or damage occurring prior to boarding or loading and after disembarkation.
- It is strictly forbidden for passengers to carry firearms, explosives, flammables, combustibles and other dangerous substances or materials on board.
Passengers With Reduced Mobility
Passengers with reduced mobility (here indicated as RMP) are those who are not able to move easily or those who need assistance.
The same conditions applied for all the other passengers, when it comes to bookings and tickets, are valid for them too. In case their embarkation is denied, they can choose between refund and an alternative transport solution.
For any other assistance, they have to inform the company at least 48h before departure and they need to show up in the agreed meeting point, in advance respect to the published embarkation time.
If a Carrier or a terminal operator, due to its fault or negligence, causes loss or damage to mobility equipment or other specific equipment used by people with disabilities, he must offer a compensation corresponding to such persons the replacement value of the equipment concerned or, where appropriate, the costs of repair.
The Hotel Manager or any other appointed person ensures the assistance to RMP. Once the Hotel Manager has been informed that a RMP is expected on board, an adequate assistance will be arranged: from the embarkation to the disembarkation. The Hotel Manager will highlight the cabins reserved to the RMP on the ship layout diagram and will give a copy of it to the Captain.
The crew personnel in charge of RMP assistance must wear a white/blue band on the arm with ASSISTANCE written on it, in order to be easily recognized. The ticket office ashore must provide the RMP vehicle with a sticker, which can guarantee parking priority in the dedicated areas.
When boarding, such vehicles must be addressed as a priority towards the parking areas on board intended for them. The above areas allow full mobility of the PMR and the easy access to passengers’ areas. Before the arrival, the Hotel Manager must inform the destination port agent about all the RMP needs for disembarkation and assistance ashore. In case of emergency, the person indicated for the purpose in the Master’s List will help the RMP to reach the meeting place and the debarkation areas. Ship decks can be easily reached by elevators provided with luminous keyboard, appropriate audio and keys for blind passengers.
On board there are equipped cabins available for disabled people, in accordance with the current law. In the public areas, tactile guides highlight the paths that lead to the main on-board services. There are also restrooms dedicated and equipped for the disabled. Aboard the ships there are parking spaces reserved for the disabled, highlighted by identification plates and equipped with facilities for fixing wheelchairs.
- Luggage may be left inside the vehicles. Passengers are kindly requested to take their personal belongings that might be used during the voyage.
- Access to the ship’s garage during the voyage is prohibited.
- The Company shall not be held responsible in case of loss of money or valuables excepting the fact of checking them at the Purser’s office after an agreement for safe keeping.
- The limit of liability for loss or damage to cabin luggage shall be determined by the relevant provisions of Regulation (EU) No 392/2009 of the European Parliament and Council of 23.04.2009.
- Use of public areas on board is free for all passengers.
- It is prohibited to sleep in the lounge areas, bars and corridors.
Camping All Inclusive
- The “Camping All Inclusive” service is valid throughout the year.
- The “Camping All Inclusive” service is strictly valid for “officially registered” Campers/Caravans which must be fully equipped with private facilities. Conventional cars, minibuses or boats cannot benefit of the “Camping All Inclusive” service.
- “Camping All Inclusive” passengers are welcome to use all public areas of the ship. The supply of electricity for campers and caravans is free of charge.
- For safety reasons, it is not allowed to use propane or any other cooking or heating gas during the entire stay on board.
- The following credit cards are accepted in the shops, the “self service restaurants” and the “à la carte restaurants” on board: AMERICAN EXPRESS / DINERS / VISA / MASTERCARD / EURO CARD.
- EURO is the official currency on board.
- Pets travel in cabins available for pet carriage* or in specially designed kennels on the ship’s deck**.
- Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins. Pet owners are responsible for their pets’ feeding and hygiene. Pet owners are required to bear their pets’ valid health documents in original format, recently updated.
(*) Service provided on board the vessels Knossos Palace, Festos Palace, Myconos Palace.
(**) Service provided on board all vessels of the fleet.
- Fares and timetables listed in this catalogues are based on conditions existing at the time of print.
- Passengers are responsible for complying with all port, health and customs regulations.
- Passengers must comply with the instructions given by the captain or the crew regarding public order and safety on board.
- Passengers must contact the captain or the staff captain should a complaint arises while on board. They may also contact the company or the Port Authorities after the end of the journey.
- The rights and obligations of both the passengers and the Company regarding domestic routes are governed by L.3709/2008 and the Regulation No 1177/2010 of the European Parliament and the Council of 24 November 2010.
- The Company reserves the right to substitute the vessel for which the ticket was issued after approval from the Ministry of Mercantile Marine, when it is required.
- Timetables, fares and travel terms and conditions are subject to changes without prior notice. In case of a substantial increase of fuel prices, the Company reserves the right to change the fares without prior notice.
- Arrival times quoted in timetables indicate the ship’s arrival at the port’s entrance (pilot station).
- The company is not liable for any delay or cancellation resulting from deviation or from not keeping the scheduled route due to bad weather conditions or orders by the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or due to force majeure.
- In case of cancellation of itineraries or suspension of scheduled itineraries, which are not due to event beyond the control of the company, the liability of the company is limited to the refund of the fare to the passenger, in case the Company has informed the passenger (a) one week before the scheduled departure for the domestic lines and (b) fifteen days before the scheduled departure for international lines.
- This contract of carriage is governed by Greek Law. Any claim arising from this contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Piraeus, irrespective of its legal basis. Carriage, whether domestic or international, is subject to the provisions and financial limits of responsibility which are provided by the Regulation (EU) No 392/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 23 of April 2009, to the extent that the above provisions apply to the carriage of passengers, their luggage and vehicles, as they are in force in Greece.
- Passengers are required prior to their trip to always consult their travel agencies, the Company’s Central agencies, Port Agencies or the official website (www.minoan.gr) to be informed for any schedule changes or deviations from the published itineraries.