Pets on board
Grimaldi Lines and Minoan Lines offer the possibility to bring your pet with you. Below is some useful information to follow carefully:
Booking of pets in tow
The method of booking pets on board Grimaldi Lines and Minoan Lines ferries varies according to the Company chosen and can be made through the online booking system or through our call centre.
Minoan Lines and Grimaldi Minoan Lines ferries
The dog can be carried on board free of charge without any obligation to make a declaration when booking and without the possibility of booking the cage inside the animal accommodation.
Passengers who intend to bring their pet in the cabin when booking online will have to choose the "pet" cabin available as single, double, triple and quadruple on the appropriate screen. Pet-friendly cabins have a supplement of € 50 per route (€ 25 for the all-inclusive camping formula).
Grimaldi Lines ferries
When booking online, the pet must always be entered in the appropriate section by selecting the correct item from the following list
- pets up to 6 kg (dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, birds and small fishes) which have to be transported on board by means of a special carrier and which are not entitled to a place in the pet accommodation.
- pets over 6 kg for which a dedicated accommodation booking is required.
Areas accessible to animals
Animals are not allowed access to unused cabins, common areas, restaurants, armchairs and passenger lounges. They can, however, be taken on a leash on the external decks, where they can walk with their owners.
Pets in cabin
Passengers who wish to bring their pet into the cabin must purchase the Welcome Dog Bag kit (cotton bag, 60cm x 90cm absorbent sleeper, waterproof bowl, roll of 15 hygiene bags). The price of the kit is €10 per cabin per journey. Each cabin can accommodate a maximum of 3 pets.
Cleaning and nutrition
The nutrition of the animal and the cleaning of the manure during the journey is under the complete responsibility of the owner. To travel with your pet you are required to bring the following on board:
- Food, water and bowls to feed the pet
- Leash and muzzle
Toilet bags are available on board the ships and can be requested from Reception.
In order to travel with your pets, the following documentation is required:
- European Passport (PET)
- Registration in the dog registry office (registered microchip)
- Certificate of good health issued by the veterinarian
Entry into the European Union of pets (dogs and cats) from Tunisia and Morocco
Dogs and cats introduced into the European Union from Tunisia and Morocco must be fitted with a microchip or clearly legible tattoo if affixed before 03/07/2011. The following documents are also required
- Health certificate referred to in Annex IV of the Implementing Regulation (EU) No. 577/2013;
- The health certificate must certify that the valid rabies vaccination has been carried out
- Carrying out the rabies neutralising antibody titration test in a laboratory recognised by the European Commission.
For detailed information on the documents required for the introduction of animals from one country to another visit the website of the Ministry of Health.
For detailed information please refer to general terms.